19 January, 2008

WWYD

When I got back to the locker room after my run today, my first stop was the first available stall. I entered quickly, it was urgent. When I stood up afterwards, I heard a soft, unexpected splash. “Oh, shit,” I thought. Unfortunately it wasn’t. I turned around and looked down into the bowl. My face, and along with it my name, student ID number and the words “GRADUATE STUDENT” stared back up at me from underwater. My first thoughts (after “Ewww!”) were the following possibilities. I could:
1. Just get my student ID card out of the toilet bowl and toss it (ewwwwwwwwwww!)
2. Just get it out and wash it really really well, without being such a baby> It was only pee and it was, after all, my own.
3. Flush, and try to grab it as the water swirled away, but it might go down, fuck up the pipes and when the plumber came and extracted it, they'd trace it back to me and I'd have one helluva charge on my student account
4. Go to the front desk and ask for a rubber glove from their first aid kit and fish out the card wearing that, but
a. it wouldn't have gone far enough up my arm
b. I'd have to explain why I needed it, and that would be embarrassing (although no reason for needing a rubber glove in a locker room restroom could ever be wholesome)
5. Swallow my pride, go to the front desk, explain what happened and leave it to the experts


OK, what would you have done?

No comments: