26 January, 2008

Default setting #4

Every time I've needed to resort to the default setting I've been sitting in the living room. Perhaps it's not the most conducive place for blogging. Maybe for a change I'll write it English

Escribo desde/I write from: el sofá color púrpura/ the purple couch
El tiempo/Weather: Llueve. Otra vez./It's raining. Again.
Estoy luciendo/What I'm wearing: ¿Qué importa?/ Who cares?
Conmigo/With me: Stella.
Estado de animo/State of being: Si estoy escribiendo un "default setting" significa algo./If I'm writing a "default setting that is telling.
Estoy leyendo/What I'm reading: Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, obras completas; Various articles from Cultural Studies tomes; La muerte me da de Cristina Rivera Garza; Pontos de encontro, Portuguese as a World Language textbook; algo más que no sé si puedo decir
photo-61.jpg

Música: Many wonderful downloads./Muchas canciones que bajé.
Vi a/I saw: Muchos, pero no les puedo decir quiénes son, como son miembros de uno de esos grupos Anónimos. Para clarificar: Yo no pertenezco a ningún grupo Anónimo./ Many people, but I can't tell you who they are, as they are members of an Anonymous group. To clarify: I am not.
Hablé con/I spoke with: Los de arriba y los de siempre./See above and the usuals.
Antojo/Craving: Chile seco.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Someone wrote, on the other version of this blog,
Comment:
Interesting approach. Reads a bit like the old catechism. Joyce wrote a section of Ulysses in this style.