09 January, 2008

Sweet nostalgia

bigcherry.jpg

I picked up one of these during my post-gym shopping trip. I stopped at the Fast-Mart on B St. to kill time while waiting for Parking Lot 5 to clear up a bit with the goal of getting half 'n half. But as I walked down the vast candy aisle on the way to the cash register, the pink package caught my eye. I thought it was a Twin Bing.

candy-inc_1904_141710.jpg It's been a long time since I've seen one, never mind tasted one. I'm really hoping that Christopher's Big Cherry tastes exactly like a Twin Bing (or maybe just a Bing since there's only one Big Cherry per package). I'll let you know tomorrow. It's still on my desk at school. No, not due to my extraordinary will power, but because I also picked up one of these
hfca303.JPG
and I deliberated way longer than I should have between these: skor_heath.jpg

I put my items on the counter and dug out money to pay for them and as the clerk looked at me and raised his eyebrows, I swear I heard him think, "Someone smoked lunch today, I see..." I ate half of the Oh Henry in the car as I vultured for a parking space. Remembered why I'd completely forgotten what they taste like. But ate the other half anyway after lunch. I know what happened to the Skor bar, too, but I'm not talking.

2 comments:

Grphter said...

THe biggest sugar rush in the world; 2 FROZEN Skor bars and a 16oz Mountain Dew. At least that's what I'm told...

Valerie said...

I'll remember that for the next time I need it...I rarely get a sugar craving, but when I do, it's epic.