
For the 2nd time today, so perhaps in some small way...
--------
Yesterday the weather turned. The angle of the light and the heat of the day indicated that it was Spring. And it was, with all its ambient attributes. The jacket I wore reflected it (while not at all reflecting my personality) - pink with a bright floral pattern. I described it with the verb chilla ("it screams") and a colleague corrected me - not my grammar, but my word choice. "No," he said, "es primaveral." ("springlike")
Other things that qualify as primaveral:
-Hawking lemons electronically and the smell of them as the recipients opened them right in my office
-The lemons bringing to my office busy classmates and profes who I almost never see
-Being able to leave campus a bit early and enjoy the sunshine on the drive home
-Excellent conversation
-Running calm and relaxed, if not "cholo style" at the end. The sweats that were merely annoyingly loose at the start threatened to trip me up by minute 27.
-The acquisition of the elusive song I include below. The wait only made (finally) hearing it on the living room stereo that much sweeter.
No comments:
Post a Comment