
I know this might not sound like much to brag about, but I brought my lunch from home today! I know that's just habit for most responsible adults. But then,
I'm only two of those three things. Just realized that I left the Tupperware in my office! So make that "I'm only one of those three things."* I guess I
am out of practice, though. As I packed my lunch (enchiladas from Super Bowl Sunday) I realized that bringing my lunch to work almost every day could be one of the things I do for Lent. I had always sort of been attracted to the idea of giving something up for Lent and wondered if I could ever manage to do that for more than a morning. It seemed such an exotic form of penitence. When I got around to becoming Catholic I think I was actually a little disappointed when Father Al explained that Lent is not necessarily about giving things up, but maybe about acquiring a good habit or behavior or outlook...Oh, and like with the voting, if you ask, I'll probably tell you.
*Yes, I fully recognize that I'm an adult, but I'm certainly not
most.
No comments:
Post a Comment