Unbelievably, the clock still said 8:14 as I gathered up my stuff. For the first time this quarter, it looked as though I'd meet my stated leave time of 8:15. I rushed out the door with the strap of my schoolbag digging into my right shoulder and a few articles under the arm. In my left hand I held a coffee mug and my gym bag (which, even at that early hour, I harbored no hopes of opening, given the qué horror of today's schedule). In the right, a fragment of granola bar and a Blue Dog Bakery dog treat. I knew it was inevitable that I'd make the horrifying mistake someday... and my last thought before spitting that bite through the gate (where it landed at Stella's feet) was, "It's actually not too bad!"
...I just hope it wasn't one of the ones with a face!
No comments:
Post a Comment