Yesterday for the first time, or for the first time in a long time I...
...spent more time in a hotel room than out of it, re-reading Borges' El Aleph y otros cuentos under covers in bed in the freezing room.
...am delighted, intrigued, provoked, captivated by Borges' writing.
...used a hotel fitness center. I couldn't figure out the weights system.
...ran on a treadmill but couldn't bring myself to experience another "first", watching TV while working out. The programmability of treadmills could really help me to enhance my, um..."athletic performance", but keeping track of the speed/distance/heart rate was pretty stressful as it induced an orabora of guilt. The speed and distance readouts indicated that I wasn't going fast enough for my liking. But, each time I checked my heart rate, the number of beats per minute (excessive, according to the age table stuck to the dashboard) I felt I had to lower the speed.
...was asked to leave a restaurant (The Crown and Anchor in downtown Monterey) because they needed the table. At least the staff made the decent gesture of offering to buy us another beer.
...watched one of those contest/elimination shows "The Next Great American Band".
...did not blog!
...had cold hands! Purchased these gloves in Walgreen's shopping spree.
No comments:
Post a Comment