I realized as I stood in line to check out my materials that it truly might have been over a year since I'd been at any branch of the Solano County Public Library.
The librarian swiped my card and what she saw on her screen made her gasp, "Oh dear!" I braced myself for the news that I owed something like $1800 in overdue book fines. "Your card's...expired," she informed me, with more than a hint of incredulity in her voice. "Oh dear," I echoed, " I didn't know they did that." "Well, it wouldn't have if you'd come in every once in a while, ahem, to check out a book." Her eyes dropped to the DVDs I was borrowing (Las voces inocentes and Temporada de patos for those inquiring minds). I could barely look her in the eye. "Um..."
Yes, I know. I really should have defended myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment