Not until the last party's departure did I wish I were going somewhere, but was really just from guilt. Yes, I finally admitted, like they said, I should be in Río. But I'm not ready. And I actually don't want to go anywhere. I can't. Not until October.
I knew I'd miss them all, but thought that maybe some time solo would be good for me. I never used to mind alone time and in fact would quite often crave it. But over the past years, and as my social circle has expanded and deepened in a way I never thought it would since moving here, I haven't really felt as often that urge to just be alone. And I think that speaks volumes of my friends.
I look forward to when they all come back, transformed in large and small ways, but hopefully not unrecognizable. I want to hear about what they've done and seen and heard and tasted and smelled and felt. And while a drive to the airport is not in my plans for their returns, I wouldn't be surprised...
No comments:
Post a Comment