I asked Tim to write for StringOfLights quite a few months ago and his poetic post follows shortly. But, as is my custom, I asked him to answer a few questions first. He turned the tables on me a bit by asking the forbidden, "Are you ever going to be done with school?" Fair enough, as I hadn't informed him of the grad school "Don'tAskDon'tTellPolicy" regarding anything involving words like done, finished, graduate, etc. I'll answer that question (and quite vaguely) vía e-mail later, but for now, let's read Tim's infinitely more interesting answers.
SOL: First things first: What do you ride?
Tim: 2004 Victory Kingpin
When did you learn to ride?
I have ways wanted to ride motorcycle but it wasn’t until 6 years ago. In ND, we have Motorcycle Safety Programs that do an excellent job of teaching beginner riders. I was hooked day one.
What music do you listen to during a ride? And if you don't, what songs best fit the feel of the bike on the road?
Of course, it would be cliché to say “Born to Wild”. Honestly, no songs come to mind; even while I am riding. The wind, sunshine, the bike rumble, and being with great friends tend to make the best music for me.
What do you do when you're not riding?
I enjoy my family and work. And because I live in ND, I shovel snow… :0)
Anything else you'd like our reader to know?
There is a sort of religiousness of doing something you love. In my case, rolling down the highway on my bike puts me in nirvana. I hope that everyone has the opportunity to experience this regardless of the medium. Enjoy life!!
Perfecto. Gracias. Now on to your post!
The morning starts off a little cool. So it would be wise to add a little extra layer of clothes. Knowing of course by noon you’ll want to ride naked because of the heat. A good rule of thumb for dressing: if you’re standing around before you ride and you’re hot, you’ll be just fine cruising 75 miles an hour down the interstate.
Fire up the bike and let it warm up a bit…..
Put on your safety goggles…..
The helmet is optional but recommended for new riders….
Put on your gloves…
As you straddle the bike, you’ll feel your heart pounding like you’re on that first date with the person that could be “the one”...
Now stand it up…
Pop it into gear….
Ease the clutch out while giving it a little gas…
Ah…. There do you feel it? Life just became more vivid and exciting.
Now just sit back and take it all in…
No comments:
Post a Comment