Our Department is studlier than theirs.
UCD Most Comprehensive Explanation of Cultural Studies Award; Most open-mindedClosest to Sproul Hall Award; Best Thought-Out Program; Most Well-Known Faculty Award
GMU Actually, it's damn impressive! Award; Most Student Publications Award; Hippest, Edgiest Research Topics Award; Oldest CST Dept. in the U.S. Award
El colegio de la Frontera Norte Coolest Website Award; I've Driven By It Award; We Were Doing Cult. Studs. Before Cult. Studs. Was Cool Award; Best Geographic Location for Injections of Real Life/Reality Checks
3 comments:
Hey - I'm from GMU, the Cult Studs program - thanks for the kudos! Where'd you get the idea to hand out awards to CS programs?
Rob,
Thanks for leaving a comment! As unbelievable as it may sound, I'm taking my first steps into Cultural Studies this quarter at UCD. The GMU program is excellent, not just for being first, but for maintaining a high level of scholarship. The "awards" were um...the result of my having just researched other programs as an assignment and I needed both a break in the research and a blog idea. Seriously, you guys are THE studs. Reading about some of the work being done at GMU was a bit of a shot in the arm for me as far as embracing the Cult.Studs. approach (I love metaphor, and mixing them makes it even better). In fact, I'm about to stalk you online to see if you'd be willing to answer a few questions for me for a presentation.
Ah, cyberstalking. wouldn't be the first time. Ask any time...
Post a Comment