18 November, 2007

Recent Quotes

Of course, the quotes that follow most likely have no significance to anyone other than me, but I do want to remember them and those who uttered them (names will be changed to protect the...)

Picasso print jackets 8734_2.JPG

"It's probably a sign of a mental problem that I can't wait until I'm old enough to wear things like that." --R.R. 16 nov. Glen Cove Safeway

"Holy shit! I didn't know that casket store back there was called The Casket Store!" (as though he knew all along that there even is a casket store "back there") -- aug. or sept. driving East on Tennessee St.

"My crotch feels just rotten." -- Special Ed. teacher Charlotte R., getting into her truck at 3:00AM after teaching all day and suffering the worst session of contract negotiations, 1992.

"Yo vi una película? y no me acuerdo como se llama? pero hay un viejo que está amamantando...?" ("I saw a film? and I don't remember what it's called? but there's this old man breastfeeding...?") #2 and I exchanged looks across the table, each wondering whether the old man was simply breastfeeding or breastfeeding someone.

Hola, Valerie: Espectacular accidente con el pie y el teléfono, digno de apuntarse en los anales de la intrahistoria del Dpto. Puedo imaginar al teléfono en el fondo del arroyuelo, como Ofelia cuando decidió lanzarse al río." ;-) ("Spectacular accident with your foot and the phone, worthy of note in the annals of intradepartmental history. I can imagine the phone at the bottom of the creek, like Ophelia when she decided to throw herself into the river.")--Álvi en su respuesta a mi e-mail re: el accidente telefónico, nov. 2007.

My classmates rock! Two from E.
Hi Val,
That sucks! (But I got a kick out of your description, I could imagine the
whole thing in slow motion). Glad your ankle is ok. My phone number is...
Have a good weekend :-)

One more thing that I hope makes you feel better, I dropped my phone in a
toilet in the bathrooms of the social science building during a break from
I's class once, and I reached in and got it! On the upside it still
worked.

No comments: