24 September, 2007

NorCal...almost all of it.

Friday:
La Selva Beach; visit to Linda y Ron; 2 hour walk on the beach; ride in L.'s new ride (wow, it's a BMW); lunch at the airport; candid talk - gossip, art, music, books, telenovelas, much laughter; new summer drink, Dubonnet mixed with Champagne, as suggested by Ron, Ambassdor of See How It Is; surprise of tickets to pre-season Sharks/Canucks game Saturday night courtesy of someone L .y R. call "Ferrari Mike" (and you can guess that somone called "Ferrari Mike" would have excellent seats)
Saturday:
AM dash to Davis, working on Angélica's thesis... I write my own stuff so intuitively that it's hard to think of and communicate productive feedbak to someone else. I like what she's written and that she's chosen this author that's not been worked much. I hope I'm helping in some way. Teaching is so different, so natural. A class of 40? "Bring 'em on!" But one on one hasn't really been my strong suit. I don't know what mi profe's reasons were when he suggested to her back in July that she call me for some advice, but he was, as usual, astute. If I'm ever going to be a professor myself, this is what I'll be doing and it's been more valuable for me, I think...
PM laundry; back to La Selva, with usual stop in Capitola for baked goods;
gayles.jpg
dinner at L y R's (steak, potatoes done on the grill as the stove is in the bathroom during their re-model); drive over 17 to HP Pavilion, known tonight (last night) as THE SHARK TANK
sharks.jpg
Even though it was my 3rd time at a Sharks game, and even though I've had the best tutors try to explain the game to me, I haven't really gotten much past "Goal". Three goals, Sharks. One goal, Canucks. Many fights. The first cleared the benches and K. described the array of gloves, helmets, sticks, etc. left on the ice after the brawl as a "yard sale".

Sunday:
My dad went to see the play A Patriot Act: the Trial of George W. Bush accompanied by his apallingly apolitical daughter. Tomorrow I will try to provide a review, which I am uniquely unqualified to write.

No comments: