In my field we emphasize the importance of pre-writing strategies and activities as part of the writing process, but we often completely overlook the activity that goes on post-writing. Here are some of the strategies and activities I put into place after I've turned in a paper.
1. Remember valid arguments I was going to make.
2. Read brilliant cite from Foucault and/or other theorists that would have backed up said argument thoroughly and convincingly.
3. Wonder if it's too long.
4. Wonder if it's too short.
5. Wonder if I put it in correct mailbox in faculty mailroom.
6. Regret not including visual images and/or soundtrack in paper.
7. Hope professor reads my paper closely and comments on it extensively.
8. Hope professor loses my paper and is too embarrassed to ask me to print it out and turn it in again.
9. Decide to hold on to library books another week, just in case.
10. Return cabinet's worth of coffee mugs and wineglasses to kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment