One of the Facebook memes circulating recently asked its recipients to list 16 things they've learned or facts about themselves. I participated and, in lieu of an original post, I reproduce my response here, including my on-my-high-horse opinions on "tagging" people. It wasn't too hard to come up with 16 things, but I was conscious of wanting to keep it as concise as possible...
16 ReallyReally Random Things... As per Shannon...vía Tim
Share
Monday, December 29, 2008 at 11:28pm | Edit Note | Delete
In original message
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you
From Val: I love this activity and have loved reading all the responses! Thanks, Shannon! But... I'm going to break the tagging rule and not tag 16 people for a couple of reasons. First, I think everyone has already been tagged! Also I don't really tag people not knowing your privacy settings and I'm not really sure why the tagging is necessary because if you respond, even in a separatenote, I'll see it on the feed...But of course I'd love for everyone to respond to this! I also really do want to know more about you. :)
I've left the original instructions, above, for anyone who wants to follow them.
1. I am a late adopter of things like e-mail, cell phones, iTunes, Facebook and laptop computers but have now embraced them with a convert's zeal.
2. I prefer plains and ocean landscapes.
3. I've learned that no matter how much I learn, there are things I'll never learn.
4. If I don't ask you a lot of questions, it doesn't mean I'm not interested in you, it means I'm respecting your privacy.
5. I like the wind.
6. For about a year and a half I've been running/jogging and I don't often like to talk about it.
7. My family is very small and I love them very much.
8. I like taking those internet personality quizzes.
9. Facebook has been invaluable for me as an introvert and I love being in touch with everyone.
10. I prefer shopping in thrift stores, I have better luck finding things that "grab me". And yes, I'll admit I'm cheap when it comes to me, but I'd be generous with you.
11. Love is quite often unavoidable, uncontrollable and unrelenting.
12. I can cook.
13. Until I went to college I was constantly reading for pleasure. Now I have a hard time doing that and I miss it.
12. I don't eat cookies, candies, etc. with faces on them...but if you and I were to share some and you bit the head off for me, I'd eat the rest.
13. Every person has her/his own intelligence and no single type of intelligence is superior to the others.
14. Washing dishes is my favorite chore.
15. It is hard for me to set goals, but I guess I have a few - keep running, pass my qualifying exams and finish this grad school program.
16. I don't want to color my hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment